Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Another reason not to use plastic bags......

So today may have been a shame moment.....It's spring time and that means gorgeous red ripe strawberries. So tonight when I was at Woolies I saw that there was strawberries on special. I had made some fresh yoghurt last night and I decided to gets some to add. I might have been slightly greedy and at the checkout I loaded up a plastic bag cause you guessed it my lovely cloth bag that my mums friend C made was sitting in the car and I was to lazy to go get it ( bad mistake). I think I feel more inclined to go back and get it when I have to pay for bags. In Korea you pay for bags similar to what they do at Target. In addition to that they also charge for garbage bags which encourages people to recycle more. After paying for my groceries I went to pick up my bag and yep you guessed it the bag broke and if that isn't enough the strawberries went everywhere. Shame. Not one packet but three. So I was scrambling round gathering up strawberries before anyone could step on them.
Have totally learnt my lesson cloth bags are the way to go! 

Take a cloth bag. It's saves you embarrassment and is better for the environment! 

M xx

No comments:

Post a Comment